Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of?

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's officially been a week since I gave birth to my daughter Briley, and I can't believe how fast the week has flown! Well the days anyway. The nights have been a completely different story. I feel like I gave a birth to an owl instead of a human. I used to love the nights, sleeping as long as I wanted, so long as I didn't have to get up for something in the morning.
Now with a baby, the nights are more dreaded. Briley feels that the night time is the best time to be awake and she should keep mommy awake with her. I mean hell, as far as she is concerned if she's awake then the rest of the world should party with her! ;) Don't get me wrong, it's not like she just doesn't sleep, it's just that the sleeping periods are short and broken up. Add that with a seriously paranoid mommy and you can just kiss sleep good-bye.

Now for those of you that have never had a newborn let me give you a little run down of a mock
schedule of my night time:

7:00 pm- eat dinner
8:00 pm- feed and change Briley
(hopefully she doesn't wake up between these time periods)
11:00 pm- get ready for bed, and take all the stuff I need upstairs for Briley and feed her before *hopefully* falling alseep
12:00 am- actually falling asleep
(hopefully not waking up to random crying or cooing)
3:00 am- feed and change Briley
(hopefully not waking up to random crying or cooing)
5-6 am- feed and change Briley

And from there I try to fall back asleep until she wakes up for the day, well technically her "night". ;) And I do try to nap when she naps, however with 2 dogs and a cat and being on a schedule for the past 22 years of sleeping during the night, it's hard to break that habit. So like I said, sleep? What is this sleep you speak of? I'm sure that one day, hopefully in the not to far future I will get to know this sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how I'm doing :)