Thursday, March 27, 2014

Duh, D is for....

DISNEY!!!

What else could D possibly even be? Just as any young girl who grew up in Florida, the heart land of Disney World, I was obsessed with Disney movies. I've seen almost every one and I know a ridiculous amount of trivia. And let's face it, they are pretty much the best things that have ever happened to childhood. I bet you can go through all the Disney movies and find at least one that you love.

I mean, come on! They are amazing. And I believe that we 20 somethings and early 30 somethings grew up with the best ones. You know you still remember your favorite songs! Think of all the crap that goes on in our world daily, movies are our little break from reality. Some suck, while others expand your imagination. Disney has always taught us that a little fun, imagination, (and always) a song makes any situation better. What can be better than that? That's right, nothing.

Honestly think about it, think of your childhood; what were a few of your favorite movies? And you still remember lines or songs from those movies don't you? Hakuna matata ringing any bells? Or the beginning of The Lion King? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ze lennnnnnnnnnya! Adda meeeeta ta baahhhhh! I love most all of Disney's melodious creations, but some of my favorite songs while growing up were:
"Part of your World" - The Little Mermaid
"I Will Show you the World"- Aladdin
"Paint with All the Colors of the Wind" - Pocahontas
"Hakuna Matata"- The Lion King
"Tale as Old as Time"- Beauty and the Beast
The Tarzan soundtrack
"Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride"- Lilo and Stitch

And some of the newest additions are "Dig A Little Deeper" from The Princess and the Frog, "Have a Dream" from Tangled, the soundtrack to Brave, and ALL the songs from Frozen.

But they are seriously awesome-sauce. And damn those movies for always making me cry. And I feel they are just getting worse! (Up anyone? I still cry every time.) But what are your favorite Disney movies? Which ones can you just watch over and over again?

I think the best part of loving Disney, is being able to introduce them to my children and relive it through them. Frozen was Briley's first movie in theatres and she was in love with it. It melts my heart every time to watch and listen to B sing "Let it Go". I think we have a long future of Disney ahead of us, and I can tell you that I'm not angry about it at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how I'm doing :)