Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"B"

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "b". Wow, that was very Sesame Street of me. But seriously, b, and b is for babies and Briley (my B).

You think you know how your life is going to turn out. You make plans, graduate, get married have such and such a job and then have babies. It's funny how life actually pans out compared to your plans.

I wasn't sure when I wanted to have children, when I was in college it was the furthest think from my mind. But when I met my husband and I knew he was the one, I realized that I wanted children much sooner than I thought.

I always knew that I wanted to be a mother; and with that being said, my babies are the easiest and hardest decision that I've ever made in my life. When you become a parent you are making the decision to always put yourself last. And, real talk, sometimes it is really REALLY hard. Seriously. When your baby is hungry, you feed them first. When your baby is tired you put them to sleep first. When your baby wakes up in the middle of the night, so do you to care for them, no matter how tired or sleep deprived you are. YOU end up changing your schedule and life to accommodate your baby. Some days you don't get to put real clothes on, much less run a brush through your hair, and you have some form of smeg smeared all over your shirt. But when your babies smile at you, or fall asleep on your chest it makes all the other stuff melt away.

I know that when Briley came along my world was changed forever. She made me understand the true meaning of love and wanting everything for your child. She taught me patience and strength that I didn't know that I had. It also made me realize that I wanted to be the best person that I possibly could for my children.


Children are the best gift that you can be given in the entire world. You truly learn the meaning of love and awe. I am still in awe that I created two perfect beings. They have changed me for nothing but the better. Some days are a blessing, and some make me want to pull my hair out, but all my fellow parents know, we wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how I'm doing :)