Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Miracles

Today, I when I woke up this morning all I could think about was the pain in my hips, discomfort in my belly, and the lack of sleep I had just endured. Most of the day I find myself focusing on the aches and pains and the "ugh, I'm ready to be done with being pregnant". However this morning, I also took the time to look at my ever-so-large belly and realize what a miracle it really is to be pregnant. I think most women in the beginning are more focused on the excitement of "Oh my God, I'm actually pregnant" and realize the miracle of it happening. But after the 9 months of doctor appointments, weight gain, and impatience of waiting to meet our little one that we lose focus on the miracle. 

Today at 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I realized how much of a miracle the process of growing another human being inside of me really is. And the small chance that it is that you end up pregnant in the first place. It's so amazing to see how the human female body changes to house a little one for 9 months and keep it safe and protected from the outside world. I feel that pregnancy is such a beautiful thing, that maybe we pregnant gals don't feel so much of the beautiful, as we do the changing. The bottom line is that as much as I "bitch" about being huge and pregnant and my hormones being out of whack, I wouldn't change any part of it for the world. I am so excited to be able to carry a baby, to be happy and healthy for an entire 9 months, and to know that I can grow a healthy baby.

I can't wait to see what parts of me and what parts of Brian the baby has. To kiss those little chunky cheeks and tickle those tiny toes! I think that for me the true miracle will set in when I hold my son/daughter in my arms after carrying him/her for 9 long months. I know that once I look into those little eyes, it'll hit me, that my husband and I made this little life and it is ours, and we are theirs, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how I'm doing :)